On this page, you’ll find my personal live casino Baccarat playing strategy.
I’ve found some very good information on how to read and compile Baccarat roadmaps. I’ve even written one myself!
However, finding a Baccarat Betting strategy that uses the roadmaps is another story.
We’ll look at house edge for Player and Banker bets, we’ll use baccarat roadmaps to tell us when to start betting.
Finally, we’ll take advantage of the reduced variance in baccarat (compared to roulette) so we can more reliably use the Martingale betting strategy.
I certainly think so! I’ve been betting on Baccarat for a few years and played similar games where there are a limited number of playing outcomes. In Baccarat’s case, it’s either a player win, a Banker win, or a Tie.
I use playing or betting strategies when playing these types of games, as a haphazard betting approach can and will lead to you losing your bankroll quicker than you should.
I’ve tried a few betting systems out and I think the one I’m going to demonstrate to you in my video is probably the easiest to use — and also the one I have the most success with.
If you don’t like reading lots then watch the video.
If you’re really itching to see what the strategy is, skip to 06:30 where I start playing.
If you want to use my baccarat betting strategy, you’ll first need to choose a game.
In my video review, I’m playing Evolution’s Baccarat, my favourite by far. You’ll find it at Playojo and Leo Vegas.
For more detailed information about specific baccarat versions, visit my pages about Evolution Live Baccarat and Playtech Live Baccarat.
A playing strategy is not a recipe for winning.
It will help you enjoy your playing time more and — if the cards are being kind — you may end up in profit.
I’m not going to sugarcoat it, gambling is gambling, there are no easy wins.
That said, being structured in your approach helps hugely with your enjoyment, so follow these tips if you’re going to use my Betting Strategy for Baccarat.
When using the strategy...
The basic premise of the strategy is to bet on runs or sequences of results. This is where you make your money. The longer the run is, the more money you make.
While Baccarat is a random game, if you look closely at the roadmaps, you’ll see runs occurring during the lifetime of the dealing shoe. You’ll be surprised at how many there are.
You’ll also see times when the results have been Dealer/Player/Dealer/Player/Dealer. These alternating runs are to be avoided, as these will be losing streaks. I’ll explain later how we use these to our advantage.
This strategy is simple and aims to use probability and odds of something happening or not happening to your advantage. You don’t need to be a mathematician to work out what to do; just follow what I do.
Well, this is a bit of a mix of playing strategies I’ve seen and used elsewhere.
Underlying it is the Martingale Strategy, where after a losing bet you double your next bet until you win again. This wipes out previous losses.
The clever bit is to know when to start betting and on what — then being able to bet on a sequence as it’s happening until it finishes.
I use the Baccarat roadmaps to identify the ideal point at which to start betting.
You’ll need a bit of a Bankroll — how much depends on the stakes you want to play for and your budget.
If you’re betting £5 a hand then a bankroll of £155 should be sufficient to start with, as that allows for five losing bets in a row. For £1 a hand, you’ll need £31. For £2 a hand, you’ll need £62.
If I’m betting £5 a hand, I walk away and bank my winnings when I hit a profit of £25. That’s a 16% profit on my initial Bankroll. Not bad!
I’ll come back later, often when the shoe has changed, and start again.
Using the roadmaps, I tend to use either the Bead Plate or the Big Road. I look for the sequences and wait until the last four hands in the shoe are Banker/Player/Banker/Player (or the other way around; it doesn’t matter).
Then, I’ll start betting.
And that’s it.
If you’ve watched my video, you’ll see I followed the strategy and ended up with a profit of £30. I walked away and banked the profit.
I came back later and repeated the process another three times and banked an overall profit of £120 for a few elapsed hours of play.
If you want to know more about the underlying mathematics of baccarat, continue reading.
We will assume 8 decks are used, as that’s what all live baccarat games you’ll encounter use.
Baccarat house edge is 1.06% on the Banker bet, 1.24% on the Player bet, and 14.36% on the Tie bet.
If you bet on Banker and the Banker wins, you win 0.95 units but the probability of winning is a bit higher than when you bet on the Player, 45.86% vs 44.62%.
This makes Banker a slightly more profitable bet despite the full 1 unit win on the Player bet.
A Tie is obviously the worst bet to make, as it pays 8:1 on a 9.5% probability, giving it a huge house edge of 14.36%.
It’s a known fact that coin flips, or even-money bets on roulette such as Red/Black, can produce long winning or losing streaks.
In Baccarat, it’s still a sort of a coin flip as two outcomes are possible – minus the Tie – but the outcome depends on a series of events rather than one single random event.
This makes the distribution of outcomes a bit less wild, some would say more life-like, than in roulette.
Note that both Player and Banker bets are returned in case of a Tie, while in roulette you lose when the ball lands on zero.
This is yet another advantage of baccarat over roulette.
The best strategy for baccarat, which I explain in this article, is to follow the baccarat roadmaps and place your bets on live dealer baccarat.
The Banker has the higher win probability in Baccarat, so despite the 0.95:1 payout, it is a slightly more profitable bet than the Player.
The probability of Banker winning is 45.86%, while the probability of Player winning is 44.62%, and there’s a 9.52% chance of a Tie.
Despite the 0.95:1 payout, it’s better to bet Banker in baccarat because that bet wins more frequently. It adds up to it being the more profitable bet than Player, though just by a bit.
No. Blackjack is still the king of casino games when it comes to the house edge, as it can get below 1%, in certain cases even 0.50%. House edge on baccarat is 1.06% for the Banker bet and 1.24% on the Player bet.
Yes, the Banker bet has a house edge of only 1.06%, making it a better bet than any roulette bet, including even-money bets on French Roulette that have a house edge of 1.35%. The standard house edge on roulette is 2.70%.
Baccarat is an elaborate coin flip, so it’s not considered a beatable game. There are, however, betting strategies you can use to make money on it.
Casinos make money on Player/Banker bet by paying out 0.95:1 on the Banker bet, which wins a bit more frequently than the Player bet. Also, there is a greater house edge on the Tie bet and on the side bets.